Saturday, June 26, 2021

Aqueous Shawl 2 - Finished!

 

I finished this up last week.  It knitted up very quickly, about 5 days.  It helped that I had an unexpected Federal Holiday last weekend.  I was able to check my corrections and annotate the pattern, as well as verify my charts and additional notes.  I just need to go back through everything one last time and then I can send it off to the designer.  One of the things that amazes me about this yarn is the way the colors glow when you get them in natural light.  When I knit this the first time my skeins were actually overweight, so I was able to complete the shawl, with the errors that caused an extra stitch, with just those two skeins.  When I started this one I realized that I might have issues with running out of yarn.  Fortunately I had a full skein and most of a second skein of the Drops of Jupiter.  I did consider getting a second skein of the Sarah’s Violet, but I had already gotten a second skein of the Tupelo Honey when I was concerned about running out of yarn on the first one, so I used that for the last garter rows and the bind off.

The yarn has a marvelous drape and is very soft.  I have not made many shawls out of heavier weight yarns, but I really like these.  It blocks up beautifully, and the size and shape are just perfect.

Pattern:  Aqueous Depths in Motion Shawl by Crystal Lee Day 
Yarn:  Magpie Fibers Swanky DK
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment