Thursday, June 17, 2021

Aqueous Shawl - Finished!

I finished this up last weekend.  I used up all by 1.5 grams of the Nightrain, and all but 4.1 grams of the Tupelo Honey.  The colors really glow in the natural light.  Now I need to update the pattern and test it with my other two colors so I can send it back to the designer and hope that she accepts it in the spirit it is intended.  It is a fun pattern.

Blocking was pretty straight forward.  With slip stitch edges I sometimes worry about the edges being too tight, but this one blocked pretty easily and without distortion.  I pinned out the top edge first and then the left edge (the bound off edge) and then worked may way back to the starting point.  I did have to do some adjustments, but not too much.

Pattern:  Aqueous Depths in Motion Shawl by Crystal Lee Day 
Yarn:  Magpie Fibers Swanky DK
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment