Sunday, June 6, 2021

Aqueous Shawl - Dainty Chevron Section 1 Done


And the first lace section is completed.  So much easier with a chart, but not without a little challenge.  I had a mistake right near the end when I finished it last night.  I spotted it when I took a picture this morning.
See how the pattern is not quite symmetric on the spine at the top?  This is why having charts and being able to read your knitting is so important.  First I checked the chart to make sure I hadn’t messed something up there.  Nope, it wasn’t the chart that was wrong.  The stitch patterns were symmetric all along the spine.  So then I looked at my knitting and compared it to the chart.  It was pretty easy to see where I had gone wrong.  A yarn over in the wrong spot.  I tinked back two rows, which also allowed me to fix a weird yarn over on one of my CDD-P on the last row, fixed the yarn over and reknit.  All better.

Pattern:  Aqueous Depths in Motion Shawl by Crystal Lee Day 
Yarn:  Magpie Fibers Swanky DK
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment