Sunday, June 20, 2021

Aqueous Shawl 2 - Art Deco Leaf Section Done

 

As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, there were a number of errors in this pattern, but I want to make sure that my corrections are actually correct, so I’m knitting a second one to verify that.  As I complete each section I make annotations in the PDF of the pattern on the errors that I’ve found and what the correction should be.  Once I’m done I’ll send it back to the designer.  I’m also going to send her a Word file with my charts for the Dainty Chevron sections and the Art Deco Leaf section, along with my stitch count tables.  I am creating stitch count tables for the entire shawl, by section, that has the number of stitches on each side of the marker as well as the total for each row.  I started on this one on Friday, and have already made a lot of progress, despite having to spend a lot of time on the first Dainty Chevron chart to make sure that I figured out the error that resulted in the extra stitch at the end of that section.  Charting it was the only way, as there is a pattern to the increases and spotting the anomaly in the increase pattern was the key.  This was complicated by another variation on one of the rows that is driven by the nature of the lace pattern itself.  When I charted it for knitting the first time I had compressed both sides of the chart, but there were a couple of rows on the left side that I couldn’t compress, which made matching things up tricker when compared with the compressed rows.  In the end I expanded the left side back out, which allowed me to spot what was going on.

The colors for this one are Sarah’s Violet and Drops of Jupiter.  The Drops of Jupiter is from last year’s Camp Loopy.

Pattern:  Aqueous Depths in Motion Shawl by Crystal Lee Day 
Yarn:  Magpie Fibers Swanky DK
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment