Friday, July 2, 2021

Omega Shawl - Cast On

 

On June 21 I started going back into the office.  Actually, I started going back in on June 22.  I have to work in the office three days a week now.  Originally I was going to do Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but I changed my days to Monday, Tuesday and Friday.  I don’t like being away from Jasmine, my 21 year old cat too many days in a row.  Working from home has been great from so many perspectives, but especially being able to look after Jasmine.  She had a pretty severe stroke a year ago and we didn’t think she would make it, but she did, and she is still going.  She hasn’t given up on life, so we haven’t given up on her.

Anyway, heading back in to the office meant that I needed a stupidly simple knit for my work bag.  This is the last skein of the Alcidina yarn in my stash, so it is fitting that this colorway is called Omega.  This is just a simple garter stitch boomerang shawl.  I am enjoying the colors.  I still need to decide on a border color, but there is plenty of time for that.

Pattern:  Boomerang Shawl (Improvised)
Yarn:  Alcidina Momentum
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment