Thursday, January 19, 2012

Knitterati Mystery 1 - Clue 1

I tried to resist the clubs this year, I really did, but I was not very successful.  I managed to give up one.  But one of the clubs that I could not give up was Janel Laidman's sock club.  Last year it was called "Art and Sole," this year it is "Knitterati."  Yesterday the first pattern came out.  Each shipment includes 2 patterns, one sock, and one mystery.  This is the mystery pattern.  It came with a delightful story about someone who is kidnapped by a secret society and must knit their way out of the situation.  Of course I had to answer the cry for help and cast on.  The mystery pattern called for 400 yards of super soft fingering yarn, so of course I thought of Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 and I happened to have a most scrumptious red sitting in my latest yarn acquisition pile just crying out to be knit into something wonderful.

I still haven't received the yarn shipment yet, but according to the spoilers it looks wonderful, and I fully intend to cast on the socks when it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment