Saturday, January 14, 2012

Latest Club Arrivals

So I think that I have may have mentioned that I belong to a lot of clubs.  Some might say that I have a problem.  I prefer to believe that I am merely doing my bit to help stimulate the economy and support independent artists.  And can you really have too much yarn?  Really?  After all, it keeps me off the streets and out of the pool halls.  And I can take the beautiful yarn that someone else has created and turn it into another beautiful thing that is also functional.  As habits go, I think that mine is a pretty good one.  Of course, all the clubs that I belong to mean that there are always wonderful surprises in my mailbox.  Well, not always, but often enough to keep me smiling and happy, and today I hit the jackpot.  Two lovely surprises in the mail box today.

First, the latest Sip 'n Stitch offering from The Unique Sheep.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love The Unique Sheep?  I belong to almost every club that they offer, the only one that I've passed on is the mini-skein club, mostly because I haven't been bitten by the hexapuff bug.  And I love their mystery knit alongs.  I am eagerly awaiting the start of the next knit along - Le Petit Prince. But back to the Sip 'n Stitch.
The coffee this time has chocolate.  The yarn is Pashmi in Red Eye Gravy.  And check out that cute little ceramic dish from Cats Paw Pottery.  I'm not sure what I'll use the little dish for, but I'm sure I'll find some use for it.  I love the extras that they include.

The other shipment that I received was the latest Flavour series offering from Zen Yarn Garden and Woolgirl.  This is their third offering - Cranberry Sweets - and the picture does not do justice to the yarn color, it is such a luscious red, it really does look good enough to eat.
Plus there are cranberry jelly candies and a matching stitch marker.  You could probably see things better if I had unpacked them all, but I wanted to show you the package just as it was pulled out of the box so that you understand the extra lengths that Woolgirl goes with her clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment