Sunday, January 29, 2012

Boreal Socks - Chart 1: It's a toe!

I actually cast on last night.  I just couldn't wait any longer, the yarn and the sock pattern are both so beautiful, even though I have plenty of projects in progress.  I worked through the toe increases, Chart 1.  Now I am going to rest my eyes and my hands and work on something fairly mindless and on larger needles for a while.  Before I go on to Chart 2 I will cast on the other sock onto another set of needles using the yarn from the other end of the ball and knit that sock through Chart 1.  I will then alternate between the two socks in an attempt to avoid the one sock syndrome.  I used the make 1 right and make 1 left increases where you pick up the bar between the stitches, and I made sure to work the stitch in the pattern.  I did find that going from the sole to the instep I had some trouble maintaining tension.  I think that is because the sole is worked in stockinette stitch and the first stitch of the instep is a purl stitch.  I did not have the same problem when I went from the instep to the sole.

The yarn is Hazel Knits Entice (70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon).  Needle size is US 1 (2.25 mm) and I am using 2 16 inch circulars.

No comments:

Post a Comment