Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tools of the Trade - The search for a new knitting bag

Almost two years ago I purchased a Namaste Hermosa Knitting Bag, and it has served me well but it is starting to show its age.  The first thing that I noticed was the side sagging.
You will notice that the sagging occurs where the side pockets are attached and is due, no doubt, to the weight of the contents of those side pockets.  The other thing that I noticed was wear on the handles.
I do love the capacious nature of this knitting bag, but I don't really like the fact that it was basically just one big pocket inside, other than a couple of little side pockets.  I also don't like the length of the handles.  I used to carry this bag over my shoulder, but lately have been carrying it in my hand, and I am not tall enough to keep it from occasionally brushing the ground.  So, the search began.  I am currently trying out a bag from Sherpani.  A Moda Sport Tote Bag.

It is definitely smaller than the Hermosa (but what wouldn't be).  And it has lots of pockets.  There are 6 just on the outside.  That front quilted section is divided into two pockets, and there are two water bottle pockets, one on each end, and the zippered pocket that has a built in key lanyard.  Plus there is a large pocket on the back.  And the handle strap length is adjustable.
Inside there are more pockets.  Small pockets for cell phone and other small incidentals, plus a large zippered pocket, and two more water bottle pockets on the ends.  And the whole thing can be zipped closed, something the Hermosa didn't do.
I am still figuring out how to pack it, but so far it has been working okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment