Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Phoenix and the Carpet - Clue 8

I finished Clue 8 yesterday, but only snapped a quick picture because I really wanted to keep going and start Clue 9, the penultimate clue.  I am hoping to finish this shawl up this weekend.

There was one nice thing that happened this past Wednesday, I came home to an unexpected package from The Unique Sheep.  I was quite puzzled, because although I do have several yarn orders in with them I had not received any shipping notices, and the envelope really didn't feel like it contained yarn (it wasn't squishy).  When I opened it I found a very nice Thank You card thanking me for being one of their top customers this past year and these goodies.
A little notebook and matching pen, a magnet, a tape measure, hand lotion, yummy tea and pattern tamers.  It did bring a smile to my face on a day I really needed one.  I will confess, however, that I have never really understood the point of pattern tamers.  Oh, I get the magnetic strip idea.  I use them when knitting anything with charts.  I just don't get the idea of putting a patterned ribbon on them to make them pretty.  It seems to me that it would detract from their functionality by distracting the eye from the very thing that it is marking.

No comments:

Post a Comment