Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Phoenix and the Carpet - Finished!

We were just serenaded by owls.  It was kind of creepy.  There were several calls going on, some kind of howling, some hooting, some almost cawing.  They were close behind the house in our woods.  It woke the kitty.  But it is quiet now.  Not sure what set them off.

Finished my Golden Phoenix early this evening.  I did a gentler block than I typically do on shawls, it just seemed right.  I started out with blocking wires down the sides, but they were pulling the sides in a way that I didn't really like, so I ended up using pins about every inch.

Pattern - The Phoenix and the Carpet by Janine Le Cras
Yarn - The Unique Sheep Luxe, in Gold Mustard, just over 200 grams.

And I received yarn today, two of my orders from The Unique Sheep.  Both Luxe.  Sunflower, for the Jungle Book KAL.  I know, not very jungle like, but I like the color.  I seem to be on a bit of a yellow kick lately.  Yellow used to be my favorite color when I was growing up, and I still love it.  In fact I painted my living room a bright yellow (the previous occupant had painted it Mental Institution Green, the first thing I did when I moved in was repaint it).
And Tart Berry, for the Through the Looking Glass Shawl.  Perfect timing, really.  I've already cast on.

No comments:

Post a Comment