Saturday, October 1, 2011

Moon Purple

And speaking of positively scrumptious yarn, look at what showed up in my mailbox this past week - my custom dyed order of Purple Moon from Zen Yarn Garden.  The above pic is of the Serenity Silk + (75% Superwash Merino, 15% Cashmere, 10% Silk), 2-ply fingering weight, 500 yards/100 grams.  I have already wound one skein into a ball and will soon be casting on my Diadem shawl.  I gave my original Diadem Shawl to my sister, Virginia, so I really needed to make myself one, and when I saw the Purple Moon color from the last Light and Dark Lace Club I knew that I wanted that color for my shawl. I don't have any set plans for the other 2 skeins of Serenity Silk + other than that I want to make a larger shawl from them.

I also got 6 skeins of Serenity Worsted.
I plan on knitting Evendim with this yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment