Sunday, October 30, 2011

Through the Looking Glass - Clues 4 & 5

I completed Clue 4 yesterday while watching The Adventures of Robin Hood with Errol Flynn.  He must have been fun to know.  Not many men can pull off a role like that.  I just love knitting this pattern, with this yarn.  It is amazing, but Janine le Cras' designs actual make me a monogamous knitter.  The lace pattern isn't too complex, but it isn't boring knitting either.  It is just right.  I also knit most of Clue 5 last night.  While I was finishing Clue 5 this morning we heard a strange booming sound that seemed to be coming from the area of the chimney.  It sounded like someone or something banging on a piece of sheet metal.  Then we heard crows cawing.  After I finished the clue I went out onto the deck to take a look and there were two large crows on top of the chimney.  I don't know what they were trying to accomplish.
I think this is the first picture I've taken of this shawl in natural light.  There is even some sunlight in the upper right hand corner of the picture.  The next two clues are basically the same as Clue 5, which was a very easy clue, and then I will be on to Clue 8, the knit on border.  I need to find something to do with the leftover yarn, though, it is too pretty to let it sit languishing in the leftovers pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment