Monday, October 3, 2011

The Phoenix and the Carpet - Clue 1 - Take 2

My yarn has started talking to me, telling me what it wants to be, and what it doesn't want to be.  I distinctly remember when this happened with fabric, but that is a story for another post.  This weekend the Luxe yarn in Autumn for Ana that I was knitting Through the Looking Glass with informed me that it really didn't want to be Through the Looking Glass and that maybe I should design a fall themed shawl for it, perhaps a circular shawl.  So I frogged the first clue and went looking for another color to knit Through the Looking Glass in, and I think I may have found it, but will reserve judgement until I receive it.  In the meantime I decided to restart The Phoenix and the Carpet shawl in the Luxe yarn in Gold Mustard.  I happened to have size 8 beads that exactly match the megatamas that came with the original yarn that I purchased for the knit along.  So far I am happy with the combination of yarn, beads and pattern, and so far the yarn has not protested.

No comments:

Post a Comment