Saturday, October 29, 2011

Through the Looking Glass - Clues 2 & 3

I finished up Clue 2 last night but didn't feel like posting because I had a major allergy attack and was all stuffed up.  Since the chemo triggered menopause began I periodically have these massive allergy attacks, for no apparent reason.  Actually, the first year or so after the chemo I didn't have any problems at all with allergies, but then something changed.  Every day is something of an adventure where my hormones are concerned.  It is amazing the amount of influence they have over our bodies and our brains.  At this point I just roll with it, and treasure the good days (which thankfully seem to be coming more often and lasting longer)..

This morning I finished up Clue 3.  This was a short clue whose primary purpose (I think) was to transition to the next gradiance skein. This is the second shawl that I am knitting with a gradiance colorway (the first was the In Dreams shawl) and I love them.  Which reminds me, I still have a ten percent off discount code to use at The Unique Sheep...
This clue has nupps or beads, depending upon your preference.  Personally, I am not a big fan of nupps so I went the bead route.  I wasn't sure about the bead color at first.  These beads came with the Gold Mustard yarn that I had originally purchased for this shawl and I wasn't sure they were going to go with the Tart Berry, but the bead color is Berry-lined Light Topaz, so I was hopeful.  When I first started adding the beads I wasn't sure I was going to like them with the light pink and I even tinked back and did a row with nupps, but then when I was purling back on the wrong side and got to the first nupp I remembered why I really hate nupps.  So I tinked back and put the beads in and now that I have finished the clue I think they will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment