Friday, November 4, 2011

Through the Looking Glass - Clues 6 & 7

A couple of squidgy photos of Clue 6 and Clue 7.  More for the colors than for the pattern, as the pattern is the same as Clue 5.
I finished up both clues last weekend, but haven't felt much like doing anything this week.  I did start the border, but I've only knit one repeat.  I did make a mistake near the end of Clue 6, but I didn't discover it until I was near the end of Clue 7.  Hint, it didn't affect the pattern, just the stitches at the beginning and end of each row.  I was one stitch short at each end.  I didn't bother fixing the mistake, instead I repeated it in Clue 7.  As I've said before, do something once and it can be seen as a mistake, do it twice, and it is a design feature.  I had to do an extra row of stockinette stitch to get the right number of stitches for the border, which worked out okay because in the original pattern you end up with 2 stitches too many for the border.  Now that I am on the border, I no longer feel the need to be monogamous to this project, so I think I will cast on the most recent Light and Dark Lace Club shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment