Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fickle-Zen Mystery KAL

I spent all of last week working on the first Fickle Knitter - Zen Yarn Garden collaboration, the first Fickle-Zen Knit Along.  Roxanne dyed the yarn and Michelle Miller designed the shawl.  The yarn is Serenity Lace II in Raspberry.  I used a size 5 needle, rather than than size 7 called for.  Now that the weather has turned colder I have become a real fan of small shawls, wearing them around the house and to work.  This was a quick and easy knit, and the border pattern is easily memorized.  I did modify the pattern slightly by working a knit 3 together on the right hand side, so it would be symmetrical with slip, knit two together, pass slipped stitch over on the left hand side.

I signed up for The Unique Sheep's Sip 'n Stitch Coffee Club this fall and received my first shipment this past Thursday.  A bag of coffee (whole bean), a coffee cup and, of course, yarn.
It makes me want to get one of those hutches that have the hooks for the coffee cups, and an espresso machine so I can really enjoy the flavor of the coffee.  I don't usually drink coffee, so when I do I tend to splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment