Sunday, November 20, 2011

Holden Shawlette

So last weekend I received this yarn as the first shipment in the latest Sip 'n Stitch Coffee Club by The Unique Sheep.  The yarn is Verve a Light Fingering Superwash Merino, in Old Farm House gradiance.  The pattern is the Holden Shawlette by Mindy Wilkes.  I thought that the pattern would show off the subtle colors of the yarn, and the stitch definition of the yarn would show off the pattern.  The pattern calls for repeating the lace motif 2 and a half times, but I repeated it 3 times.  The colors of the yarn actually reminds me of Agate.

I also bought myself an Espresso Machine and enjoyed my first cappuccino this morning made with the coffee that came with the club shipment.  Purists might take issue with me not using an Espresso or French Roast bean, but I just wanted to enjoy the flavor of the coffee, not send myself into orbit with a caffeine buzz.  I know that I could have used a French Press to make the coffee, but then I wouldn't have had the frothy milk, and I really like the frothy milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment