Sunday, January 7, 2024

Wyvern Shawl - Cast On & 3 Skeins Done!

Working up one of my old Unique Sheep Advent sets in to the Winter Wonderland Dress and Cowl has inspired me to pull out other old Unique Sheep Advent sets and knit them up.  So, I dug some up out of my stash, along with some solid/semi-solid skeins (from a Sundara Yarns temperature blanket kit that I never knit, but I love the colors and have used the skeins for other things).  This six skein gradiance is part of a dragon themed set and is called Wyvern.  I found a semi-solid green that matches some of the greens in the gradiance.

At first I started one of my garter stitch boomerange shawls, but quickly realized that garter stitch was hiding the beauty of the colors and that I need to work in stockinette stitch.  So I pulled out an old faithful:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak.  I have knit five other shawls in gradiance sets using this pattern, three in leftovers from test knitting, one from another Advent set, and one from a series that worked through the letters of the alphabet (Jazzberries was the name of that set).  I always finish them off with a knit on lace border.  This one I shall probably gift to my sister Liz, as I think the colors will suit her.

I believe this photo was taken right after I had started the second skein.

And this one I believe was when I started the third skein.

And in this one I have finished the third skein and am working on the fourth.

I have two other sets queued up:
This is another six skein set from the dragon themed Advent and is called Smaug.  This one may go to my niece Erin (Liz’s daughter).

And this set is from an Advent set that was inspired by The Nightmare Before Christmas, and is called The Electric Oogie Boogie, and will probably go to my sister Virginia.

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment