Saturday, January 27, 2024

Ramea - Front Halfway

There are two supplemental lace charts provided for the front and I finished the first chart.  I am excited to be making progress on this top.  The construction is so very interesting.  Once I get across the front I will work the left sleeve, joining it to the front with short rows exactly as I had joined the front to the right sleeve.  I will then work the rest of the sleeve and graft it together, before working the colorwork band on the left side and the back.  The back will be joined to the sleeves with short rows and the right side will be grafted.  The back is straight stockinette stitch, which should go quicker.  I will block it as I finish each stage to make the grafting easier.  I did not block the right sleeve before grafting and I think it would have been easier had I done that.

Pattern:  Ramea by Jennifer Beale
Yarn:  Karabella Yarns Aurora 4
Needles:  US 1 (2.25 mm), US 1.5 (2.5 mm), US 2.5 (3.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment