Saturday, January 20, 2024

Smaug Shawl - Skein 2 Done (Almost)!

This has been the project that goes in my work bag so that I have something to work on while reading documents or sitting in virtual meetings.  I have almost worked all of the second skein and am almost to the last increase row where I double my stitches.  This pattern isn’t quite an Elizabeth Zimmerman Pi shawl because it has increases on the edges on the right side rows, but for the increases rows it does follow the basic Pi shawl formula.  Once I do the next increase I can just knit as established, until I use up all six of my mini skeins.  They are not enough to require another increase row (thank goodness) as I end up with almost 500 stitches as is.

I did have a bit of an “oh no” moment when I pulled it out at work this past week because I had forgotten to load the project in to my knitCompanion app on my phone, which is an Android device.  If it had been an iPhone it would have just been there for me to use, but as it is not I have to upload it to Dropbox and download it onto my phone and I had forgotten to do that.  So I grabbed the pattern from my Ravelry library and had to do the set up all over again, and then figure out where I was.  Fortunately the pattern has stitch counts for all of the repeats so it wasn’t too hard.

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment