Saturday, January 27, 2024

Wyvern Shawl - Finished!

I finished this up last Sunday afternoon.  It is hard to get a photo that does the colors justice.  In the natural light the colors and the beads glow, but that is hard to capture.
I used bright blue silver lined beads on the edging, and they pick up the other colors of the shawl.  I did discover, after the fact, that for 10 repeats of the edging I inadvertently used a US 3 (3.25 mm) needle.  It was in the wrong needle pouch.  Fortunately it didn’t really have much of an impact, if any.  I certainly couldn’t see any when I blocked, and that may just be due to the fact that I was knitting lace.  That needle is now safely put up in its proper needle pouch.  I should have listened to my fingers when they were telling me that the needle was smaller in diameter than the needle that I had been using.

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering and Sundara Yarn Extra Fine Fingering Merino
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment