Sunday, January 7, 2024

Ramea - Front Cast On!

I have been focused exclusively on my Winter Wonderland Dress and Cowl, but now that I’ve finished those I decided to get back to my Ramea.  I knew that I was going to need some quiet time to do the cast on and knit the colorwork, so yesterday morning I finally tackled it.  It isn’t too hard, but it does require focus, and it is a bit fiddly, especially securing the steek before cutting it.  I did notice a mistake in the last row of my color work once I had it steeked and could really lay it out and examine it, but it was just two  stitches that needed to be swapped and that was easily fixed by dropping the stitches down and pulling up the colors in the correct spots.

Then I started on the lace front.  I had downloaded the supplemental charts for my size and had already set them up in knitCompanion, so I was ready to go.  Joining the side band to the arm was a bit magical (sort of like turning the heel of a sock).
This is definitely not mindless knitting, but it is such fun seeing how this pattern evolves.

Pattern:  Ramea by Jennifer Beale
Yarn:  Karabella Yarns Aurora 4
Needles:  US 1 (2.25 mm, lace), US 1.5 (2.5 mm stockinette), US 2.5 (3.0 mm, colorwork)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment