Sunday, December 31, 2023

Winter Wonderland Cowl - Five Mini-Skeins Done!

I am half way done with the remaining yarn from this Advent set.  In this picture I have actually started skein 6, and in reality I’m now on skein 7.  It goes quickly and I have the pattern memorized and can even read while working a lot of it (the lace rounds are the only ones that I can’t do that on).   The pattern calls for a series of decreases at the end, over the last 48 rows of the pattern repeat.  Given that I’m just knitting until I’ve used up my yarn, and I really didn’t want to have to keep track of my yarn usage (other than using it up) I decided to work decreases on the first and seventh rows of the pattern, so my shaping will be gradual, instead of all at once at the end.  We’ll see how it turns out.

This project has inspired me to try to knit up the rest of my Unique Sheep Advent sets that I have in stash, so I went digging into one of my stash boxes and came up with this Advent set.  It was inspired by the Grinch.
Unlike the Advent set that I’m currently working with this is not a continuous gradiance, it is instead two gradiances.  I can still use them to knit the Githa tunic, even though my original used 14 skeins, I can shorten it just a little and use 12 skeins and make two tunics.

Pattern:  Githa by Linda Marveng
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment