Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Advertence - Finished!

I finished this on December 17.  Blocking was easy, I just laid it out on the blocking mats and smoothed it into shape.  The garter stitch edges do ruffle, the edge at the end of the right side rows ruffles much worse than the edge at the start of the right side rows.  The edge that is in the picture is the one at the start of the right side rows.

Here is a shot of clue 11, which I didn’t blog about, I finished it on November 26 and snapped a quick shot of it on my daybed.
And clue 12 before blocking.  I thought about doing the last 20 rows in the Purple Chive (the light color), but decided not to.
You can definitely see the edges ruffle in this before blocking picture, and blocking only helped a little.  It also appears that the needle size I was using was a US 5 (3.75 mm), which I didn’t discover until I was all done with the cast off and was putting the needle away.  I have found a few instances where the wrong size needle was put away in the zip lock bag (I mostly use Addi’s, and keep the zip lock bag they come in to store them in), so I checked the size before putting it away and was surprised to discover it sized as a US 5, not a US 4 (3.5 mm).  I like the fabric, so it’s all good, and it explains why I didn’t find a US 4 needle zip lock bag with a 32 inch length in my little stack of empty needle zip lock bags.  Who knows how it all happened, given that this project has been going on for almost a full year.

Pattern:  Advertence by Janica York Carter
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Mirage Sport
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment