Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Winter Wonderland Dress - Finished!

Fresh off the blocking mats.  I have tried it on and it fits pretty darn well, all things considered.  The length is good, a few inches above my knees, so I can wear it with my leggings to work.  I could have shortened the armholes as they do come down a little further than I typically like (although they do that on the pattern), but I will be wearing a camisole underneath so it will be fine.  The drape of the fabric is really quite nice, and the fit around the hips and legs is good.  It definitely came out longer than I thought it would, which is good, when I tried it on before blocking I thought it was pretty sexy as it fit a bit closer and was a bit shorter.  I cannot say that my gauge swatch lied as I really didn’t do one for this pattern, I just sort of winged it, and really lucked out.  I do not recommend that approach, and am busily swatching for the next Linda Marveng pattern, but I was being lazy on this one and figured if all else fails I can always rip back and reknit.  I will now use this as a swatch, and will probably swatch on smaller needles with some leftover yarn (I had a few grams left of skein 11), as I may want to knit this again.  This version took about 300 grams of yarn, perfect for The Unique Sheep fingering weight Gradiance sets, and if you want a matching cowl it looks to be a good use for an Advent set.

I used skeins 24-11 (going from left to right in the picture below):

Pattern:  Githa by Linda Marveng
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering
Needle:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment