Friday, December 29, 2023

Finnegan’s Run Winter Comfort Box

Finnegan’s Run is my local yarn store in Fredericksburg.  Sadly, I’ve never actually been to it until last week when I picked up my Winter Comfort Box.  Before there was a Finnegan’s Run there was Untangled Purls, which I did stop in to, once, and they did Winter Comfort Boxes, which I also purchased (I think twice), although I had them delivered as it was during the strange times (also know as COVID).  I picked this up this past Wednesday at the tail end of our marathon Trip to Town that I’ve already blogged about.  You can see the gift bag that it came in, and everything was beautifully wrapped, but I failed to get any pictures of that.  I was too busy drinking beer, watching football, and opening goodies (and if you’ve read the previous post you will understand why there were no pictures, plus it was dark out).

As you can see, one of the goodies was a project bag, with the town name and some nice artwork paying homage to the historic nature of Fredericksburg.

The other side of the bag has the yarn store logo on it.

And here is a picture of most of the goodies that came with:
   - True Honey Teas Lavendar & Lemonade, 4 tea bags infused with natural honey
   - A lovely notions tin, with the same artwork on the top
   - 2 shawl collars from Third Branch Leather
   - A beautiful wooden needle case with “Finnegan’s Run” carved on the barrel
   - A selection of candies (cinnamon and ginger mints, I think)
   - And some yarn bobbins by Katrinkles

The notions tin has an insert with dividers, and the needle case came with a darning needle.  There was also a progress keeper, and a pin with the same artwork as the bag and the tin.

And of course, there was yarn.  Three lovely skeins of Polka Dot Yarns and a knitting pattern (The Happy Wanderer by Halfknit Studios, distributed via QR code).  As I recall, there was also a crochet option.

They will also be running a make along that you can participate in either in store or on-line via Zoom.

All in all a wonderful present for the season, and I shall definitely do it again next year.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment