Monday, August 6, 2012

Knitterati Mystery 4 - Finished

I am continuing to work my way through my unfinished projects.  This is the latest mystery knit from the Knitterati Sock Club by Janel Laidman.  Knit in Zen Yarn Garden Squooshy, in the January 2012 Art Walk Sock Club yarn - Calla.  I used almost the entire skein, which in my mind makes this a perfect project.  I really hate having left over yarn.  I won't throw it away, but I don't know what else to do with it.  I know that a lot of folks are making the hexapuffs for the Beekeepers Quilt, but for some reason that just doesn't appeal to me.  Although while I was searching for the link I found a crocheted version, the Hexapuff Lap Quilt, that I find more appealing.  I just need to figure out a better way of joining the hexapuffs than tying them at the corners.  For some reason that just bugs me.

Project:  Knitterati Mystery 4, by Janel Laidman
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Squooshy, 420 yards/115 g
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shawl, Carolyn! Re leftover yarn: I keep my leftover yarn too, and have seen a few nice patterns for scrap-yarn scarves, etc. But sock yarn in a scarf? I'm thinking of using the leftover sock yarn for projects for American Girl dolls... I have nieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-). My nieces are older, so the American Girl dolls aren't an option, but finding uses for left over yarn is one of the reasons I am learning to crochet.

      New Mary Russell novel coming soon :-)

      Delete