Tuesday, August 14, 2012

December Rose - Block 2 Done

I almost finished the second block last night and then this morning I woke up early with nausea and hot flashes and crocheting kept my mind off of my stomach.  My blocks came out a little small so I added an extra row of double crochet.  After the last set of blocks I was so worried about running out of yarn, but not only did I do an extra row, I ended up with 2 grams of yarn left over.  Go figure.  If I ever do these blocks again I think I will add extra stitches to rounds 6 and 7.  When I was blocking the rose felt crowded and the block just didn't seem to want lay flat and square.

Pattern:  December Rose by Melinda Miller.  December 2011 Block from The Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club
Yarn:  Tinsel Toes in December Berry and Conifer
Hook:  2.75 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment