Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mother's Corsage - Block 2 Done

So last night I was working away on this block when I ran out of the Tulip Leaf on the last side of the last row.  I have a fair bit of left over Tinsel Toes yarn in my stash so I grabbed the silver from the last Unique Sheep Christmas Shawl and finished out the row.  In this picture the silver is pretty obvious, but when the yarn is dry it blends in better.  I also almost ran out of the Coral Tulip.  I did not weight the yarn before I started, but I will weigh the blocks after they are dry.  This is the first time that I have run out of yarn on one of these blocks.  The colors in this picture are actually pretty garish, the real blocks aren't but I couldn't fix the colors with the software that I currently have.  I even took the pictures in natural light, but I don't think my little camera handles the contrasting colors very well.  I noticed this with the Prairie Posey blocks as well.  Maybe it is time for an upgrade.

Pattern:  Mother's Corsage by Melinda Miller - May 2011 Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club
Yarn:  Tinsel Toes in Tulip Leaf and Coral Tulip
Hook:  2.75 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment