Sunday, August 5, 2012

Whippoorwill Shawl - Finished!

I spent all day yesterday working on this, but I finished it.  Fortunately they were running Marilyn Monroe movies on TCM all day (summer under the stars).  She was such an amazing woman, smart, talented and with that luminous beauty and that incredible combination of innocence and sensuality.  There will never be another like her.  Today is the 50th anniversary of her death, she was only 36.  I always wonder if she would have kept her iconic status if we had seen her age, if we had seen her humanity.

I used my ultra fine super long blocking wires from in-spin-knit-y to block the shawl.  It made getting that nice wavy edge super easy.  I simply threaded the wires through that last row of eyelets and only had to use one pin at the peak of each wave.

Pattern:  Whippoorwill by Carina Spencer
Yarn:  madelinetosh tosh sock, 367.4 yards (335.9m) of Robin's Egg and 209.4 yards (191.4m) of Baltic, total yardage 576.8 (527.3 m)
Needle:  US 6 (4mm)

2 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. I made one last year and it was a fun and easy pattern.

    ReplyDelete