Monday, August 20, 2012

Suspended Squares - Block 1 Done

Well, it seems that I couldn't stay away from the crochet for very long. After I got started on the front upper section of my Gedifra project I decided to take a little break from that and whip up another crochet block.  This is the May 2012 block from The Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club (have you joined yet?).  It was a pretty quick project.  I've never done one this lacy.  Makes me think I can go back and do the Unique Sheep Mystery Crochet Along that I signed up for last year and then didn't tackle because the instructions intimidated me.  Plus I got Marici for the project, which is pure silk.  Silly me.  I should know better than to tackle something new with an unforgiving yarn.  Maybe I'll order some different yarn for the project.  After all, you can never have too much Unique Sheep yarn in your stash.

Project:  Suspended Squares by Donna Kay Lacey, May 2012 Crochet Block from The Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club
Yarn:  Tinsel Toes in Sundown and Sunup
Hook:  2.75 mm

And here are some beauty shots of the other blocks that I have made recently:
Project:  December Rose by Melinda Miller, December 2011 Crochet Block of the Month
Yarn:  Tinsel Toes in Conifer and December Berry
Hook:  2.75 mm

Project:  Mother's Corsage by Melinda Miller, May 2011 Crochet Block of the Month
Yarn:  Tinsel Toes in Coral Tulip and Tulip Leaf
Hook:  2.75 mm



No comments:

Post a Comment