Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pathways - Block 1 Done

Yesterday, after finished up the second Suspended Squares block I decided to start on the last set of Tinsel Toes blocks that I currently have in my stash.  This is the July 2012 block by Donna Kay Lacey from The Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club. The colors are Clay and Sky.  Once I figured out the pattern this was pretty easy.  I will confess that I had some trouble with the start, but I have thought of a better way to do it, taking a page from my beading techniques.  You see, you have to make an adjustable loop and then do 12 single crochets around the loop and then cinch it tight.  I just did a slip knot loop on this square, but on the next one I am going to make a separate loop of yarn, and actually loop it around twice, which should allow me to cinch it without getting any weird bumps or discontinuities.

Pattern:  Pathways by Donna Kay Lacey, July 2012 Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Clay and Sky
Hook:  2.75 mm

And here is a beauty shot of the Suspended Squares blocks, also by Donna Kay Lacey.


This morning while I was downstairs exercising I noticed a wolf spider on the inside of the window screen (the window was closed).  I stopped and watched him (her? it?) for a while.  It was raining and water was beading on the screen and I watched the spider wash its legs.  It was cool.  A little while later the spider appeared to be looking for a way out, so I opened the window to pop the screen open and the little rascal came inside rather than going outside.  So I had to capture it and release it outside.  Fortunately I had my bug capturing tools close to hand - an old Chinese soup container and a piece of cardboard.  The capture was easy and, after showing the spider to my husband, I released it on the front porch, where it scampered away.
Picture of bug capturing tools, without bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment