Sunday, June 12, 2022

Zakret - Section 1 Done

I finished section 1 last night.  I will confess that I did not work a gauge swatch - I typically don’t for shawls - but I was a bit worried that my gauge was too tight so I did a quick swatch this morning on a hook one size up and it came out too loose, so I’m sticking with what I have.  I like the fabric, and if it comes out on the smaller size I can always work more repeats of the pattern sections to make it bigger and use up my yarn.  Now I need to decide what color to use next.  The colors I have used so far are Inflorescence and Fragrant.

I have the the next color caked up but I may swap it out for the green at the end.  I am also still considering using the yellow as the main color throughout, just because it is such a lovely cheerful color.  I  am not going to cut the yellow yet so I can keep my options open.

Pattern:  Zakret by Janica York Carter
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Blossom Fingering
Hook:  3.75 mm (F) 

No comments:

Post a Comment