Monday, June 20, 2022

Perseverance Knit Along - Clue 5 Done

I have actually had the yarn for this clue for almost a month, but I was focused on my Elora and wasn’t worried about working on this.  With my Elora finished I now feel a little bit at loose ends, so I pulled this out this weekend and worked clue 5.  When I was not quite half way through I decided to rip back as the gauge seemed a bit too loose and I was worried about running out of yarn.  No, I did not do a gauge swatch.  I haven’t done a gauge swatch since clue 1.  I’m just winging it and if I think it is going to be too loose I rip back.  Ripping back never bothers me, and this yarn is very well behaved.  I switched to US 7 needles at the start of this clue to work the transition rows, and then switched to US 6 for the lace section.  I switched back to US 7 for the last two rows.

Pattern:  Perseverance by Jane Vanselous
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Enduring Worsted
Needles:  US 6 (4.0 mm), US 7 (4.5 mm), US 8 (5.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment