Saturday, June 11, 2022

Elora - Eleven Colors Done

Only one more color to go!  I am so excited about being so close to finishing this beautiful design.  I have already caked up my last skein.  It shouldn’t take me long to finish the collar and then block it and attach it.  I am already thinking about what I should wear with it to model it.  For now the body of the cardigan is hanging out on my dress maker dummy upstairs.  So far I have knit 11 repeats of the lace pattern.  The pattern calls for 14 repeats, so I could conceivably end it there, but that would leave a fair bit of this last skein leftover, so I will have to think about that.  I can probably get 17 or 18 repeats total if I use up this last skein, which would make the collar a little bit longer.  We shall see.

As these get longer I did consider putting them on a single straight needle just to make them a bit easier to wrangle.  I did manage to find a set of straight needles in the right size in my needle collection and even knitted them on to one.  I think it would definitely make things a little easier to wrangle, but I found them awkward and even uncomfortable to work on and did not want to risk a strain or injury so I knit back on to my circular and continued as I had been.  It isn’t that hard to keep things straight.

Pattern:  Elora by Linda Marveng
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri in Brick & Clay Ombré 
Needle:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm).

No comments:

Post a Comment