Sunday, June 5, 2022

Zakret - Chain On!

So I guess when it is crochet, you chain on, as opposed to cast on.  But anyway, Expression Fiber Arts has started a summer Crochet Along of the pattern Zakret by Janica York Carter.  It started on June 3 and runs through August 27, so hopefully I should be able to keep up.  The pattern calls for 5 different colors and I went with some bolder jewel tones, although I’m not sure if I will stick with these colors.
I really like the yellow and may keep that as a main color and pick a couple of the other colors to use for contrast.  The way the pattern is designed there are three stitch patterns (I’ve done the first one here), and that set of three stitch patterns is repeated 4 times, changing colors each repeat.

Rep 1:  MC - Color A, CC - Color B
Rep 2:  MC - Color B, CC - Color C
Rep 3:  MC - Color C, CC - Color D
Rep 4:  MC - Color D, CC - Color E

I have my colors laid out from left to right in the order that I am planning on using them, but we will see what happens when I get to repeat 2.  The yarn is Blossom Fingering 50% Rayon from Bamboo, 30% Merino, 20% Tencel.  I really like the sheen, and it feels wonderful to work with.

Pattern:  Zakret by Janica York Carter
Yarn:  Blossom Fingering
Hook:  3.75 mm (F)

No comments:

Post a Comment