Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Elora - Finished!

To join the collar to the body I picked up stitches along the body and then picked up the same number of stitches on the collar.  I picked up two stitches for every row, except on the neck where I picked up one stitch in each bound off stitch.  When I picked up stitches on the collar I started in the middle and worked outward, matching the pickups.  Then I held the two pieces with the right sides together and worked a three needle bind off.  I finished it up Sunday night and finally got pictures of me wearing it this afternoon.

And on the dress maker dummy:
 
Knitting a garment has rekindled my love of garment knitting.  Shawls are so easy for me, and let me use up my beautiful special skeins, but there is so much satisfaction in knitting a garment, especially one as elegant as this.

Pattern:  Elora by Linda Marveng
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri in Brick & Clay Ombré 
Needle:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment