Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Oceanic Blanket - January

 

The other Jimmy Beans club that I joined this year is the 2021 Blanket Club.  I have joined once in the past, when they were doing colors inspired by the Zodiac, but I never knit that blanket because it was just too boring.  There is both a knit and a crochet pattern with the club.  I am doing the crochet pattern.  You get a skein a month and crochet two squares.  It appears that the pattern will be the same, judging from the February PDF and the pictures of the blanket.  The pattern calls for a 5.5 mm hook, but I used a 5 mm hook.  My square came out to 9 inches, while the pattern calls for 10 inches, but I like how mine came out.  I used about 40 grams of yarn out of a 97 gram skein.  Now I just need to make another one, and I need to finish it soon, the February skein is on its way.  The yarn is Malabrigo Rios, which I’ve not worked with before, and the color this month is Magenta.

Pattern:  Oceanic Blanket by Shelly Husband
Yarn:  Malabrigo Rios
Hook:  US H (5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment