Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Box of Chocolates - Clue 5 Done

I finished this yesterday, just in time for Clue 6 to come out today.  I had no problems with this one, no ripping back.  I actually thought it was pretty straight forward, despite all of the warnings in the pattern about how non-intuitive it was and how there was a leap of faith.  Nope.  Seemed pretty intuitive to me, I could see just where it was going.  I stuck with pattern B again.  It used a stitch that I’ve done in other shawls where you slip a stitch, knit, yarn over knit the next two stitches and then passed that slipped stitch over.  But in this case you didn’t do that yarn over right away.  You slipped a stitch, knit two stitches, and then passed the slipped stitch over them.  Then on the wrong side row coming back you did a purl, yarn over, purl into those two stitches.  It has the effect of keeping that yarn over from getting swallowed up, which I like.  I’ll have to remember it.

Pattern:  Box of Chocolates MKAL by Hilary Latimer
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment