Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Celestial Socks - Cast On

 

This pattern has been sitting on my sewing table for ages, an old fashioned print out, and the yarn is the very first item on my stash page and has been taunting me to knit it up.  I haven’t knit socks in ages, so I thought I would cake it up and cast on.  I considered learning two-at-a-time, but I thought I should get back into the sock knitting groove before I tackled that.  When I pulled the pattern out of the protective sleeve I discovered there were actually two patterns - the Celestial Socks and the Void Socks.  Turns out I have the yarn for the Void Socks as well, so I dug that out of my stash.  Then I had to track down my 2.25 mm needles.  According to my Needle Inventory on Ravelry I had several sets.  I checked my project page and discovered that the ones that I wanted were being used in my Pippi Short Stockings - a basic sock I was knitting out of left overs from a Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rocking Sock Club.  I hadn’t worked on that one since 2017, so I frogged the half of a foot I had knit up, and tucked the yarn into a zip-lock bag to keep it safe.

Pattern:  Celestial Socks by Melanie Gibbons
Yarn:  SW, N Quasi-Solido
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment