Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Claude - Body Done!

I actually got the body, and even a couple of the tentacles, done over my Thanksgiving holiday.  In fact I worked on it so much and so intently that I ended up with really bad muscle cramps in my right arm and right hand and both of my shoulders.  It didn’t really hit me until I stopped working on it one evening, and then it was pretty bloody awful.  Needless to say I set this aside for a little while to let things recover and when I picked it back up I limited how much I worked on it at any one sitting.  At that point I was doing the tentacles, so I would limit myself to a single tentacle at a time.  Then this past Monday I was in some meetings and felt like crocheting, so I finished up the last three tentacles.  All I have left now are the eyes.

Here is the underside. My tension is not quite as tight as it should be on the tentacles and there are places, mostly on the underside, where you can see the filling, and some of the gaps are kind of big.  Big enough that I don’t think I want to give this to a toddler with little pokey fingers.  Oh well.  Maybe I will just keep it and let it sit on my piano.  It has been a lot of fun to make, and I will definitely make more crochet critters.

Pattern:  Claude the Octopus by Kate E. Hancock
Yarn:  Adrienne Vittadini Dianna
Hook:  G (4 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment