Saturday, February 27, 2021

Elinya - Cast On

 

Lately I have been pulling some of my fingering weight skeins out from deep stash and trying to use them.  I’ve been working on a small collection of skeins from Alcidina, five total.  So far I have used three in projects.  This is the fourth.  Here are the skeins prior to caking.

The one on the left is the Alcidina skein, the base is Lightyears LF (light fingering) and the color is Spotlight.  The other skein is from Sundara Yarns Super Sock, Dangerously Delphinium.  I wanted a dead simple pattern to work on during work while reading documents and during meetings and this one definitely fits the bill.  It is another Ambah O’Brien pattern and it is just garter stitch stripes with increases every row.  I do like the way that my colors are playing together.  The pattern calls for more of the rose yarn, which is perfect, as that skein has more yardage.

Pattern:  Elinya by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Alcidina Lightyears LF and Sundara Yarns Super Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment