Friday, January 1, 2021

Zusammen Shawl - Cast On

 

I am always on the lookout for good two- and three-color shawls for using up my large fingering yarn stash and I found this one recently.  The dark skein is from deep stash - Alcidinia Momentum, the color ways is The Swan Nebula.  The lighter one is a more recent acquisition from Expression Fiber Arts - Oasis Fingering in Vintage Rose.  I struggled with finding a good contrast yarn to go with the Momentum.  I had originally grabbed a skein of gray, but there was no pop.  I also considered blue, red, even pink.  Then overnight I dreamed the solution and dug the Oasis Fingering out of my recent stash box.  I hope it works.

Pattern:  Zusammen Shawl by Susanna Winter
Yarn:  Alcidina Momentum and Expression Fiber Arts Oasis Fingering
Needle: US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment