Saturday, January 16, 2021

Coral Coast Wrap - Cast On

 

I finally cast on my Coral Coast Wrap this morning.  This is the 2020 Jimmy Beans Shawl Club, and the pattern is by Ambah O’Brien.  I went with the Jimmy Beans colors, rather than the original colors, which matched the inspiration photo.  I haven’t seen too many wraps in these colors, it looks like most folks went with the original colorway.

I did not work a long tail cast on for this one, as you have to cast on 301 stitches. Instead I did a knitted cast on and I just kept casting on until I had a bunch of stitches.  Then I paused and start counting from the beginning of the cast on and placed a split ring marker after 50 stitches.  After placing the first marker I would count from the marker for placing the next one until I had the right number of stitches.  The last section has 51 stitches.

When I unpacked the last two tins yesterday, I had one in each hand and couldn’t remember which one was November and which one was December.  I guessed, and guessed correctly.  Fortunately they do have the month on the little slip of paper that is in the center of each ball.  Here are all the colors on the board that came in the December package in order from left to right and then top to bottom.

The January color is Cedar

Pattern:  Coral Coast Wrap by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment