Saturday, January 30, 2021

Zusammen - Finished!

 

The next project that I finished up was my Zusammen Shawl.  I had gotten past the short row shaping and was in the last set of stripes before working the lace part.  I was doing great on my stitch counts until I did the second to last set of rows for my contrast color.  When I finished the sixteen rows I counted my stitches and I was two stitches short.  I will claim distraction during a football game as the culprit.  I was not going to rip back at this stage of the game, so I continued on with the pattern and added four rows to the last contrast color stripe section, taking it from twelve rows to sixteen rows, which I like because it mirrors the symmetry of the other large strip sections.  The lace section was a lot of fun to work.  I’ve never knitted this particular lace pattern before and I really like it.  This was a fun pattern, and I may make more, I certainly have plenty of fingering weight yarn in my stash.
I didn’t even mind working lace with a dark yarn.  I can’t capture the subtle colors in my contrast color, but there are lots of them - burgundy, blue, teal, just to name a few.

Pattern:  Zusammen by Susanna Winter
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Oasis Camel Silk (MC) and Alcidina Momentum (CC)
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment