Saturday, January 30, 2021

Coral Coast Wrap - Finished!

Rounding out my week of finishing projects is my Coral Coast Wrap.  This was just a fun knit, and I enjoyed the different colors.  I’m not a huge fan of singles yarn, but I do make the exception for these kits.  The different lace patterns kept things interesting, without being too difficult, and with enough straight knit or purl rows that I could do some reading while working on it.  It also made for good meeting knitting, and I had a lot of meetings last week.  Last weekend my sister Virginia called me about looking for linen thread and during the course of the conversation asked me how many projects I had going at the same time.  I tossed of “around two dozen”, which was pretty close, as when I spoke to her I did have twenty-three.  Now I’m down to twenty (plus eight that are hibernating).  

When I have that many projects on the needles I tend to focus on a couple at a time, working them in spurts until I get one pretty close to done, then I’ll focus on that one till I finish it.  Now that these are off the needles I’ve gone back to my two MKALs.  I have fallen behind on my Observatory MKAL - clue 5 is out and I haven’t finished clue 4, although I made a lot of progress on clue 4 yesterday.  Plus I need to work Clue 4 of my Box of Chocolates MKAL.

Pattern:  Coral Coast Wrap by Ambah O’Brien 
Yarn:  Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles 
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment