Thursday, January 14, 2021

Box of Chocolates - Clue 2 Done

 

I also finished up clue 2 of the Box of Chocolates MKAL.  More fun textured stitches.  I did have to tink back a couple of times, mostly because I wasn’t paying attention, or got distracted, or was falling asleep while knitting, or didn’t read the instructions carefully, or didn’t interpret the instructions carefully.  Totally operator error.  But I’m super happy with the colors of my main color skein.  I also finished the second mystery by Hilary Latimer.  More fun brain candy.  So I started reading a third book by her, which is a spin off series, I guess - Dancing in the Dark:  An FBI Knitting Game Spin-off.  I almost stopped reading it because every chapter starts out with a passage inside the head of a serial killer, which is not somewhere I want to be.  That and the steamy scenes between two of the main characters were turning me off (I skipped about four pages of that at one point).  Hilary could write bodice rippers if she wanted to, but I haven’t read or enjoyed one of those since the summer I was thirteen.  I spent exactly one summer reading romance novels and bodice rippers before I got bored and discovered science fiction.  I even started a different mystery, but in the end I decided to go back and finish this one, or at least persevere for a while longer.

Pattern:  Box of Chocolates by Hilary Latimer
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment