Saturday, July 6, 2019

Sunny Side Shawl - Finished!

I finished this up on June 23 and posted it to the Loopy Ewe web site.  This is my June Camp Loopy 2019 project.  I like the colors, but am not so crazy about the yarn.  It is dyed as a knitted blank and then caked.  The yarn is kinky as it comes off of the cake and that kink translates into uneven stitches, especially given the amount of stockinette stitch in the pattern.  I think there was an option to work the body in garter, which might have been the better way to go with this particular yarn.  Regardless, I will still give it to Carol.  I showed her pictures last weekend and told her about the uneven stitches and she doesn't care.  And it is her colors.  I will try blocking it again to see if I can get things to even out a bit more before I send it to her.

Pattern:  Simone's Shawl by Annette Junge
Yarn:  Canon Hand Dyes William Merino Gradient
Needle: US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment