Monday, July 15, 2019

Artsygal 1 - Cast On

Once I finished up my Black Eye Galaxy shawl I decided I needed to cast on another.  These shawls are like potato chips, you can't knit just one.  I went stash diving and came up with some skeins from Artsygal that I had bought a few years back.  These are dyed up as knitted blanks, so when they are caked they still have some kink from the memory of the stitches.  I learned my lesson with the Sunny Sides shawl and know not to work this yarn in stockinette stitch.  Hopefully garter stitch will reduce the unevenness that can come with these yarns.  This is a fun, easy knit, and I enjoy seeing how the color changes.  I have two skeins of this colorway, but they are caked in reverse order so I thought I would knit them both and see how the color pools depending on which end you start with.

Pattern:  improvised
Yarn:  Artsygal 3-Ply Merino
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment